Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What A Day

To give the full effect, we have to go back to last night, but go we shall.

Last night, I put the kids to bed around 9 or 10. My two-year-old went to sleep, but woke up after about 30 minutes, crying. Sometimes if I leave her, she doesn't really wake up completely and quiets down in a minute.

Not last night. She wouldn't calm down, but got louder. And louder [I didn't leave her to cry forever, but she got worked up pretty quickly]. So I went in and picked her up. She wanted a drink, so we got that, and I laid her back down and came back to the computer.

30 minutes later, she was crying again. I went in, she needed another drink, and again with putting her in bed. This went on every thirty minutes to an hour until four in the morning. I finally gave up writing at NIP around two. Hubby was late home from work [which can be a worry, I'll blog about that some other time]. So after trying to call him on his cell, I finally called work [which I hate to do, but sometimes it's either that or go insane].

Turned out he was fine, and 15 minutes later, he called me back, and said he was coming home. So when he got home, we visited a little, and dealt with the toddler [again, and again]. Finally around 4 or so, I went to sleep.

Some time around 7 a.m. my seven year old [who had been sleeping on the floor in my room for some reason] wakes me up with, "Mom, I'm throwing up!" She was. On the floor. In front of my side of the bed. I gave her my trash can to finish in, and took care of the mess [I also made her go lay on the couch, there's no room in our bed, and the floor was just wrong, you know?]

Meanwhile, I'm thinking, I've had no sleep! I can't function if I don't sleep. I'm going to lose my mind if I don't sleep! I tried and failed [due to interruptions from the other two kids] for a couple more hours.

The seven year old was sick, running a fever, and throwing up all day. The two year old has a cold, so she was fussy, and my poor son had to fend for himself. He ate crackers all day, until I finally fixed him some chicken noodle soup, with more crackers. I also felt bad for leaving him on his own all day, so I let him have some cookies, too.

After things calmed down a bit, I was inexplicably exhausted [then I remembered what I'd been doing all day]. So I decided to try to rest a little and meditate. Fifteen interruptions later, I gave up. [no really, it was that many. I will give you a detailed list if you want, but I don't think you do. Suffice it to say that all three kids and the dog were responsible for more than one each].

I put the toddler to bed, then the five year old. I cuddled with the seven year old for a bit, then put her to bed, too. If I were a smart person, I would have gone to bed immediately. I watched a movie instead. Then hubby got home and we visited, now I'm going to bed.

Oh, and cruel irony of all ironies, not one peep out of any of the kids this whole time. Just figures when I have fatigue induced brain-rot, they get quiet and I forget to go to bed while I have the chance!

Sheesh. Okay, I'm done whining [everybody take a deep breath and say, "It's about freaking time!" You're absolutely right, dear friends. I'm tired, cranky, and whiney to boot, but I love ya, so take care of yourselves, okay?

G'Night all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Ew. That's a day that's best given a black spot and forgotten quickly.
Ewwww. I hope you washed your hands a thousand times!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Shelbi said...

No kidding, Kate! To top it all off, my two year old threw up [all over my husband, during dinner]tonight. Hopefully it's over, though. She seemed better afterward.

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home