Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Monday, February 06, 2006

Pictures

Okay, this is the third time I've tried this, and if it doesn't work this time, I'm going home [well, I am home, but it's weird Shelbinese for I give up after this one last time.

Some of our friends have never seen my husband with long hair [we moved here a year and a half ago, and we cut Steve's hair about four years ago... jeez, has it really been that long?]

Anyway, I decided to post a couple of pics because I think he's the cutest with or without hair, and if I get to embarrass him a little, well, where's the bad, you know?

So the first picture is from our wedding day [before children packed 25 pounds on me, gave me gray hair, and all the while, Steve looked better, younger, and more buff. That's just wrong. But that's a whine for another day.]

The guy in the wheelchair is my brother Jeremi. I may find some more pics of him later so you can see his face. Notice the do-rag and long, wavy blond hair, if you will, though. Yeah, I got straight, mousy brown hair. You find me the justice in that! [Of course, J is shaved-head bald now, due to thinning hair, and mine still covers my head, so I guess I can't gripe too much.]



This one is from the day we chopped Stevie's hair off. He had been growing it out for 15 years, so we had a party for it. We called it, "Get a Haircut and Get a Real Job." He had been working as a tow-truck driver. The pay was commission only, and no benefits. Oy! I had more than a few stressful nights over that. He worked there for five and a half years [on call 24/7 with very few days off], called in sick maybe twice, and when he quit, his boss thanked him by not paying him the week's vacation he owed Steve. I didn't like that man.

Oh yeah, that's me after two kids. A little chubbier, but not too bad.

And this is the best 'after' picture I could find because we put all of our pics in a plastic box, which is currently perched on top of our closet/laundry room [which is also in our bedroom. I don't think I've mentioned here before that we have a Very Small House. Either that or Too Much Crap. It's a toss up right now.]

So anyway, I'm tired now and I promised Robin I'd update NIP IT IN THE BUTT. So off I go to work up a new scene. I'm writing past the block, dammit. And I'm listening to Nickelback while I do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home