Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Feeling Lazy Tonight

Okay, I found a blog in a roundabout way through going to an atheist's blog and watching Christians [and not the brightest Christians, I might add... Why oh why do the smart ones hide and the dumb ones are just out there for the world to see. And point at. And laugh at. Ugh. Wears me out sometimes. And unfortunately, I'm not too bright either, so I fear I look just as ignorant as the others, but I digress... I was telling you about this blog I found!]

Where was I? Oh yes. I was watching [reading?] the Christians try to argue the atheist into believing [which never works, by the way] or at least I think that's what they were trying to do. And the atheist was eviscerating the Christians, because they couldn't really come up with anything logical to say about why they believed what they believed, and why their religion was better than anyone else's religion [yeah, if you've read my blog very long you know that I've been trying to figure out that very thing, so I'm no help whatsoever, and I'm just helplessly reading [and cringing] as the Christian finally gets angry and says, "Well, when the world ends, we'll see who's right, won't we?" or some such thing.

And then, in walks this guy, who is Agnostic, and he proceeds to systematically answer every argument the atheist came up with, and counter it with an incredibly intelligent, well thought out answer. And I had to laugh when the atheist, who had been giving all the believers a hard time for taking things personally and not really answering his points against belief, took the Agnostic's arguments personally, and didn't really answer his points for belief.

Religious arguments are pointless, because the very fact that they are arguments means that each person has built a wall around themselves to defend their own viewpoint, and isn't really interested in hearing what the other side has to say [political arguments are just as pointless].
so naturally, the atheist wasn't convinced that there might be something out there. I also noticed that his main beef was with the Abrahamic Religions [Muslims, Christians, and Jews, who, apart from cults, seem to be the only religions that say if you don't believe in their God, you can't go to heaven. Jeez, that creeps me out.]

He had some major issues with Christians in particular [I believe he was raised with them], and I think he decided that if the god he grew up with was the real God, he'd rather believe in no god at all. I only know one atheist personally, and we've never talked about his atheism [or my Christianity, for that matter] so I don't know what motivates most atheists in their belief [or lack thereof]. But I didn't come here to tell you this.

Sheesh. I can't focus worth shit tonight.

Anyway, this guy I was telling you about. It turns out he has a blog of his own, and posts regularly. He lives in Japan, which I find absolutely fascinating [especially since I've never been out of the country]. So anyway, all that is to say, tonight I read a funny post, and you can read it here.

Okay, that's all I really wanted to say. I had planned on giving you the link, and saying, "Here, go, read a funny blog, I got nuttin' tonight." and I go and write a whole post on other stuff [yeah, and I didn't mention that I started this post at 11:41 pm, and it's now 1:06 am, because I wandered over to Blue Gal's place , and about fifteen other blogs while I was writing because I got to reading and got distracted.]

Oy! I'm more absent minded than usual. I think it's because I've completely jacked up my sleep schedule again. I stayed in bed until way too late this morning, and wasted time all day until I went to "Artsy Fartsy Night" and drew an incredibly ugly picture of an old lady who I've never seen before [because she came out of my head, not from a picture.] Most of the other girls were scrap booking, but I hate that shit... No offense to those who like it, of course.

Heh, and to prove that I drew a picture, behold:

Okay, I'm done rambling now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

nice drawing and thanks for the linky. You wouldn't know it from her blog, but Blue Gal is one of those smart (?) Christians you're talking about. God is love, baby.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a Christian. Didn't take your blog personally or anything, but I just wanted to refer you to one of those athiests who did get convinced. C.S. Lewis - A brilliant man. You should check out his writing. God Bless.

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home