Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Woo hoo!

Scene seven is up at NIP IT IN THE BUTT. I got 1,111 words in just over an hour, so YAY me!

I'm not gonna be able to get 50,000 words in a month like I'd hoped [I signed up for NaNoWriMo in November, but gave it up for blogging. By next year, I'll be so prolific I won't need to join! Positive thinking is GOOD, I tell you!!!]

But the fact that I got over a thousand words in an hour is pretty good, don't you think?

I bought Lynn Viehl's [aka Paperback Writer] Way of the Cheetah [which you can find by clicking on the one add I have on my blogs over to the left... Hint hint!] Is it possible that just reading it increased my productivity in one afternoon? I dunno, but I feel a bit like a cheetah tonight.

I also bought Holly Lisle's Create A Character Clinic when it first came out, and her ideas sparked an antagonist [bad guy] who, if I can get him down right, will be three dimensional. I'm hoping that you will be able to see that any one of us could end up doing the same kinds of things if put in the right circumstances. He's dealt with a tragedy in the only way he knew how. He's trying to make the world a safer place, but the means he's using is horrible. We'll see if it translates to the page [but not for a while yet, I'm still working on getting my supporting characters {good guys} put into place.]

I'm really excited about what's coming in the story. I don't know if it'll be done in 50,000 or not. I kinda just pulled that number out of the sky [probably from NaNo]. And I'm not sure it's going to be young a adult book anymore. I still don't know how dark this thing is going to get. I love humor in books, and I don't know if it's gonna be funny, either. The scene tonight with the vomit spray was funny when I pictured it, but who knows if anyone else will think it's funny?

Okay, I'm done with the angst-ing [I'm sure there's a wonderful Yiddish word for that, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Thanks to Doug for that link a while back!]

Anyway, speaking of lazy, it's after one in the morning and I have to go to church in the morning [I'm not missing Sunday School again, so I have to be there at nine]. I have less than seven hours to sleep!! Egads! [whine, whine]

And speaking of seven...here's scene seven if you're interested. Standard disclaimer applies, but if you think it doesn't suck for a first draft, comments are welcome.

G'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home