Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Friday, January 20, 2006

Witch Hunt

I was surfing the internet and found this article. A conservative group is willing to pay UCLA students to tape and report on politically liberal instructors.

Then there was this one about the president defending his spying, and trying to expand it by getting a court order to make Google give up its statistics on what people are searching for.

Eesh.

I always thought that Republicans wanted smaller government because they didn't want the government to have too much power, and that Democrats wanted bigger government because they wanted the gov't to have more power.

What I'm finding out [at least with the Bush administration] is that the pres. wants all the power for himself. Is it possible that the real goal of having a smaller government is that it will have more control over more people, and fewer people in power to maintain a system of checks and balances?

Scary days, people, scary days.

On another note, I'm still sick with this gawd-awful cold. It hurts to breathe part of the time, and I still have the worst sore throat ever. I think I may be on the road to recovery, but man it's slow going this time.

I have to go help with a quiz meet [if you've never heard of Quizzing, here's a link] early tomorrow, so I think I'm gonna take some Ny Quil and go to bed.

I missed last night with the NIP, though, so maybe I'll set the timer for an hour and see what I get.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelbi said...

Testing my new picture on my profile...

Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Over at my blog, near the top, I have handy dandy links to help you post emails to your representative and senators. Share your concerns. You'll feel a lot better afterwards -- I do.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home