Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Whew! Scene Three

I got 895 words in an hour, which ain't too shabby considering that scene one and scene two were only 452 and 682 words respectively [don't remember how long they took]. If words flow like that every time I sit down, and if the People I Live With will let me work for two to four hours straight, I should be able to pound this thing out in a month or so.

And, I'm up to 2,029 words, which means that my magic little word count bar will start moving tomorrow [I'm gonna do it. Every day from now on, till I'm dead.]

After I 'pound it out' I will let it sit for a bit. And then I will begin the revision process, which will be extensive, I'm sure, but I'm actually looking forward to it, because I will have accomplished the First Draft, which isn't something every one does. Revision is just one step closer to publication, so I'm excited about it, you know?

I don't think I'm smart enough for 'literary fiction,' but that was never really my goal to begin with. And no one will accuse my story of sounding literary. Juvenile, maybe, but that's okay for now, you know? I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not holding any illusions here. This writing thing is gonna be hard in spots, but I'm really ready for it. And it's about freaking time, too!

I've just always had this dream, you know? And I've never been one to chase a dream of any kind. I've been set free to find out who I really am, and this is a wonderful adventure, let me tell you.

I can't say I'll definitely get this book published someday, but I will finish it. And when it's finished, if it's good enough to be published, great. If not, I'll write something else.

I'm having a blast writing my story. Right now, that's what matters. I'm not too worried about what happens after it's done, although I assure you that when the day comes to send it off, I'll blog all about it!

Oh yeah, here's scene three, if you want to read it. You know the standard disclaimer by now, right?

'kay, g'night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home