Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ahhh!



I love my children.


They are my favorite children in all the world. I love them dearly, and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for them. [you know what's coming next, right?]

But.

There are days when, after I put them to bed, I let out a huge sigh of relief. At last, I am my own again. Someday I will miss the constant needing, but today, I am relieved it is over for another day.

These pics aren't from today, but these are my babies. The "two in one bed" was discovered one morning after they had been told that they needed to sleep in their own beds [naturally]. They were all cute, though, so they probably didn't get into any trouble.

My youngest had a thing for rocking. She would bounce her left leg up and down to make her carrier/car seat rock any time we would go places. Wait-staff would come from all sections to see the rocking baby. She used to flip it over on it's back and then giggle like a crazy baby. Once she kicked just right to flip it back upright. We still laugh about that one. I think she was just as surprised as we were.

After she got too big for her carrier, we got her the rocking chair you see in the picture, and more than once, she refused to sleep in her bed and insisted on the rocker [especially when she had a cold].

The fact that she fell asleep 'reading' a book makes me so proud. I'm fairly certain we have pictures of all three 'reading' books as babies and toddlers. My seven year old is actually reading them for real now, which is really exciting for me.

Yeah, I love 'em. And they're all asleep now, so I have time to remember how much.

4 Comments:

Blogger lindsay said...

Pretty friggin cute. I just wanted you to know that Levi started reading on his own today, full sentances and all. He's a prodigy, I know. Okay, actually we were reading this morning and he puked on the book. Oh, the joys of motherhood.

Just so you know Shelbi, I updated my blog - not too exciting, but it's new.

And in other news, I still feel like crapola. Waaah.

Peace out.
Lindsay

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Cute! Well, you're doing fine with photos. Here's how to embed links.

Let's say you want to link to yesterday's post (Ugh). Click on the time stamp below the post. That will bring up the page devoted to this particular post. Select the full URL and copy it (Control-C for most computers).

To link to this post, the general format is:

(a href="URL")text that will be hyperlinked(/a)

only, instead of parentheses, you're going to use HTML brackets. Look at the punctuation on the b, i, and a in the "Leave your comment" section of this page. That's the sort of brackets you need. Thus:

Yesterday's post.

Notice that the punctuation is very unforgiving. Add a single space, drop a single quote, and it won't work. Good luck!

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Evening, Ms. Shelbi --

I see Mr. Hoffman has been here to impart his wisdom re: HTML tagging URLs. Since you may well not have the time to go back so far in Balls and Walnuts, may I direct you to a cautionary suggestion I made over at "his place."

In addition, when you read this (or any net page for that matter), go up to "View" in the Menu bar & click down to "View Source." A window will open that allows you to see all the "mark up language" (HTML) required to put what you can see on a page. Scroll down past all the general stuff until you start seeing some familiar words. I like to position the windows side-by-side so it's easier to see both. In this instance, look for "douglas hoffman" & then work your way down to see the words "yesterday's post."

The program inserts some marking you don't do immediately after the pasted URL (REL="nofollow"), but the rest of it looks exactly as Mr. Hoffman describes. If the BRs are confusing (they just insert the spaces between paragraphs), scroll on down to my URL. It won't have those to complicate things.

You will figure this out, I'm sure. Oh, be careful around those "caret" marks. Make sure there is a space immediately before the first one & immediately after the last one to maintain your word spacing w/in your sentence. Practicing here on your on blog is a good idea.

I like your time & date stamp at the end of each comment, & I especially like not having to jump through the "goofy" word typing to comment.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Shelbi said...

Okay, here goes: yesterday's post oh jeez I hope this works!

That was copying from the view source page. Now let's try this

did it work?

Yessss.

Now if I can just remember how I did it!

I wrote it down though and the "view source" thing is brilliant. Scary [it's amazing what a mess these pages look like in code] but brilliant!

Thank you, Doug and rof!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home