Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Saturday, January 07, 2006

It's Begun

Well, I started blogging my novel out of sheer desperation. I got the first scene down, so that's a good start. I can't comment on quality other than to say it's a first draft, and obviously needs work. I can edit one of these freaking blog posts all day if I let myself, which is why I've made it a rule [possibly a bad one, but it's the only way I can get anything done] that I don't go back and read a post once it's up.

There's always something that needs tweaking, fixing, or deleting. I'm a perfectionist [probably need a freaking twelve step program for it] and I'll never be satisfied with it. Editing is a good and necessary thing, but not on a first draft.

So, you're welcome to read it, but please be kind if you comment, and remember it's not finished. [Link is here]

Oh yeah, if you have time and are so inclined, pray for me, wish me luck, send positive thoughts, or whatever it is you do. I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

Did I mention it was fun? It was. If I end up being good enough at this to make money at it, I'm gonna love my job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home