Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Sheesh, here's hoping.

Edited to add: It looks like Blogger is up and running again, so I can get my blog fix! Yay! I can't believe I love doing this so much. It's a strange thing, blogging.

I just made my first post over at the Uber Challenge, "Hi, my name's Shelbi, and I have a psycho Internal Editor who needs to be duct taped and thrown into a closet until I get my first draft done." I don't know why she leaves me alone when I blog but rules my fiction with an iron fist. Maybe I need to post my novel here [or on a different blog] in the hopes that it will fool her into leaving me alone.

Hmm.

The only thing that worries me about that is technically, you're not supposed to let anyone see your first draft [because they usually suck]. And if people comment and say stuff like, "You suck! What the hell were you thinking?" Well, that's what my IE does.

Maybe I will do it anyway. Here's a dumb question, though. If I 'publish' it on the 'Net, can I still send it out to real publishers? And will they care?

But then again, how many people would read it? I guess I could delete it after it's finished [you know, with a back up in word... gotta write that down...]

Okay, well this is really early for a post by me. You might be interested to know that I have three kids running around the house, banging into the walls and screaming bloody murder. Which is why I usually do this after midnight when the little curtain climbers are in bed.

I love 'em, though. You know, in spite of my political and religious confusion, I'm pretty happy with my life. It would be really easy to stop thinking about the tough stuff and go back to the way I used to be [asleep in the back seat of my life].

What am I saying?!? No it wouldn't. Insomnia notwithstanding, actively seeking answers for life's tough questions is hard as hell, uncertain, and in spots may be impossible. But it's also invigorating. I feel like I'm coming fully alive, and that's definitely a good thing.

I have no idea where I'll end up, but it looks like I'm in it for the long haul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

It's rare, but there are some ezines which will search the web for keywords and phrases from your story to see if it has been published before. I knew one zine which rejected a guy's manuscript because they found it posted at Writer's BBS, which is a critter's website (open to the public, though).

Most of the time, you'll be safe. As a rule, I delete stuff from Writer's BBS if I'm going to submit it, and I haven't put anything online that was actively under submission.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Shelbi said...

Thanks for commenting. I am thinking that I may have to start a book blog so I can get past my Internal Editor's radar.

It probably won't be pretty, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

I may just use it for first draft purposes, and then delete them when I start revisions and do them on word.

Yeah, I think I like that.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home