Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Holy Crappoli, It's 2006!

Holy Crappoli, it's 2006!
I hope that the new year is filled with toothpicks!
Because if we're thinking of picking our teeth
Then natural disasters have stopped with their, um, kicking the crap out of the humans!

[There's a reason I don't write much poetry, but don't be surprised if you find some here from time to time!]

2005 was one of the worst years ever for natural disasters, and I for one am hoping we've seen the end of it. I don't know if that's the case, but I'm praying for a good year.

We survived Christmas with hubby's family. My family is next week. I probably won't have access to a computer during that time, so I won't be blogging. We'll see.

I have been having major insomnia lately. Probably because of all the stuff I'm learning. I remember doing this a lot when I was younger. That's probably why I put my brain in shut-down mode and avoided all things politics and news for so long. I may have to put the brakes on again, but I'm hoping I'll be able to learn to cope.

I need to work some more on meditation, because I'm having a hard time getting focused on anything and slowing down the thoughts. I am exhausted, which means that I'm stressed out. Unfortunately, that also means that I am more susceptible to infections [I have an infected thumbnail which hurts like crazy... and sticks out like a sore thumb ;-D so I'm always bumping it. Plus, I have a sore throat and the beginnings of a cold.]

Last year at this time, I had a kidney infection and on my birthday [Jan. 4th] I had to have a friend come and drive me to the hospital during an ice storm, while another friend came and got my kids because I was passing kidney stones.

My husband had to be in court that day [part of his job], so I was at home in bed, trying to keep the kids from burning the house down while experiencing the most excruciating pain of my life.

I finally got desperate and called my husband, who then called our friend, who then called another friend, and he met me in the emergency room [where I had been two nights before in the same kind of pain, but got a psycho incompetent doctor who gave me six pyridium and a script for macrobid and sent me home.]

If you've ever been in the hospital, you know about the pain scale, with 10 being the worst pain you've ever experienced, and 1 being no pain. Even after giving birth three times [one was a c-section] I reached a whole new level for 10. It hurts like childbirth, but it never lets up like contractions do. The rocks combined with the most horrible kidney infection ever, made my life a living hell for a few weeks.

Yup, worst birthday I ever had. I had never been that sick before and hope never to be that sick again. So here I am again, with the beginnings of an illness that was caused by stress, and I'm a little worried, I guess. I'm thinking maybe I'll go to the doctor [a good one] tomorrow just to make sure I don't get any worse. My lungs hurt a little, and I'm gonna make sure I don't end up celebrating my birthday in the freaking hospital with pneumonia.

Sheesh, I sound a little hypochondriacle don't I [how's that for a made-up four dollar word?]

Blog ya later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelbi said...

Well, it looks like blogger is blitzed and I can't post my entry. I'm going to find out what's wrong if I can.

Monday, January 02, 2006 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hi Shelbi. Thanks for posting over at my place; looks like we have the same troubles. I've sent blogger an email. If I hear anything useful from them, I'll let you know.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home