Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Thursday, December 29, 2005

When The Kids Are Away, The Parents Will Play

The kids are gone until Sunday! Too bad I'm so freaking tired! Last night was a rough night. I was plagued with insomnia until 1am. About the time I started falling asleep, my youngest woke up crying. [Thus, it was another hour or so before I could shut my brain down enough to sleep. Ugh.] She turned two last October, and I can probably count on two hands the number of times she has slept through the night. [The older two slept all night from the beginning, so this is something new for me. I totally have sympathy for those parents who have kids who don't sleep, though. I feel your pain!]

She [my youngest] used to lose her binky all the time, but we got rid of that sucker [hee hee, horrid pun, I know, but I'm sleep deprived and it sounds really funny in my head] several months ago. Sometimes she just wakes up [possible bad dreams, I guess] and most of the time, she won't go back to sleep until I go pick her up.

Sometimes I send Hubby in, but she usually wakes up again if he does it. She's a mama's girl big time. Really they all are, I guess. Some moms like to be their kids' favorite, but that's not really my thing. I think it would be wonderful to hear one of them yell, "Daaaaaddy, I neeeeeed youuuuu!" Oh well, they do him, they just call on me when something hurts.

I went on my Big Shopping Trip To Borders the other day [I was gonna blog about it last night, but the kids played games online, and the computer locked up just as I was coming over. Rather than re-start it, I just gave up and went to bed.] I started reading a book by Jimmy Carter called Our Endangered Values.

I carried it around for a while, but my gift card was only for $20 and the book was $25 [with 30% off, so about $19 after the discount] but I had a hard time paying that much for one book when I could buy two that were just as interesting for the same price. I'll get the Carter book at the library, because I think it's worth reading.

I am in the process of working through some "theological issues," which I began to blog about next, but a sudden, massive headache has reduced my ability to think. So, I'm going to bed. Jeez! So frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home