Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mwhaahaahaaa!!

"S, your Super IQ score is 133

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.The way you think about things makes you an Imaginative Mastermind. This means you are an extremely talented person, with a wide range of skills. There is little to nothing you can't do if you want to. You're very creative and you can express your ideas effectively through a variety of different means whether it's written or spoken words, numbers, or anything else. You also have a practical knowledge of how things work in the world — you've been paying attention and you pick things up easily.
How did we determine that your thinking style is that of an Imaginative Mastermind? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you an Imaginative Mastermind. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities."

Imaginative Mastermind. Sounds pretty good, don't you think? I got a good laugh out of it, anyway! I'm a sucker for tests like this, though. Always have been. I used to love getting Seventeen magazine as a kid and filling out the tests, "What's Your Fashion Style? Does He Really Love You? What Kind of Flirt Are You?" Are those great titles or what? Who can resist them? Not I. So when I stumbled upon Tickle's* website, well, it was almost like heaven.

To get the report on the full results of the IQ test, you have to shell out $10, but the test is fun, [at least it was for me, but then I love all things brain-teaser, so your mileage may vary, but if you're interested, go here] And, if you like taking tests online, here are a bunch of them. They're free to take, but to get the full results, you have to pay for them.

Anyway, I had fun with the IQ test, so I thought I'd pass it along. I don't know how accurate it is from a scientific standpoint, but there you go. Let me know if you like it.

* I haven't examined all the tests available at this website, so it's possible that some of it is offensive. Don't look at those, okay?

Another test result [I told you I love these things!]


"What Breed of Dog Are You?
S, you're a Collie!

No bones about it, you're a loyal, nurturing Collie. A sensitive breed, you're always approachable and very in tune with others' feelings — just like Lassie! Because of your empathetic nature, you tend to be the group psychologist to your circle of friends. Your faithful, easygoing, steadfast personality makes you a wonderful confidant; people love to come to you with their troubles. Bottom line? You're a star at interpersonal relationships and have a knack for making new friends and acquaintances wherever you go. After all, what's a Collie without a flock to look after? Since you're so giving, your buddies might not realize that you need them just as much as they need you, so make sure not to neglect yours truly. Everyone deserves some "me" time. Woof! "

Hee hee. Okay, go have some fun, and come back and tell me your results if you want.

Oh Yeah, I hope everyone had a great holiday. Ours was really good in spite of the sick kids. Every one was pleased with their gifts. I got hubby an Air Soft gun that shoots vinyl BBs. His instructors used them when he was in the Academy [you miss a question and they shot you in the back... no permanent damage, and George, big dork that he is, thought it was funny.]

So yesterday, he was getting ready for work, and had me shoot him in the back of the leg. I was about 12 feet from him, but it left a big knot on the back of his thigh. He jumped around for a minute or two, which was worth seeing, I must admit. But I almost felt guilty for hurting him. Almost, but not quite. I think I'll stick to target practice on inanimate objects from now on, though.

I am sitting at the computer listening to K-Love online [if you like contemporary Christian music, go there now and listen, they are one of the best Christian stations in the country]. I mention that because I am listening through the new speakers my hubby got me. The old ones were horrible. One didn't work at all and the other one vibrated if you turned it up too loud. These work perfectly, and words can't express how wonderful that is.

Some very dear friends got me a gift card to Borders, which is where I plan to spend a good portion of my afternoon tomorrow.

*Side note: My town doesn't have any privately owned mainstream book stores. We are a city of about 65 or 70 thousand, and we have several religious bookstores, but that's it. I mention that because the best way to help support your favorite authors is to buy from locally owned and operated bookstores. There's a big explanation for it that I don't have the energy to go into right now [and others have done it, better... I will try to find a link tomorrow].

For now, though, it's after 3a.m. here, and I need some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home