Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Thursday, February 02, 2006

So I Was Thinkin'...

You remember that old saying, "Your eyes are too big for your stomach?" I have that problem a lot, only with books. Specifically library books, because 'free' is good, and 'costs money' is bad, so I don't often go to book stores because I can't help myself when I'm around books, because I freaking love them, okay?

Heh. Some time, I'm gonna have to write a whole blog post in a single sentence.

Okay, back to books. I currently have 12 library books that I got a month ago. I've read two of them, and they're all overdue [our library doesn't charge late fees, and without the added incentive of a $o.o5 fine per book, per day, I can never seem to get the damn things back on time. What's that about?

I need to get them back to the library, because I'm not gonna read them all in the next two days, and they're all just lying there in the living room, reminding me that I'm every librarian's nightmare, and just plain irresponsible to boot [yeah, my mind really does say those things, but I'm not taking it seriously right now.]

I have a bunch of Christian fiction books I got on eBay a long time ago that I've never read [I got, like, 29 of them for $30 or so, including shipping. Who can say 'no' to a dollar a book? Not I.] Maybe I'll donate them to the library to assuage my late-return guilt a little.

New subject:

I won a book! Yay me! Books are my favorite, did I mention that? I won it over at Balls and Walnuts, to celebrate Doug's 500th blog post [come on, every body, "Ooh, Ahh." It's impressive, I tell you! If you don't believe me, try writing one of these puppies every day for a month or two.]

Ahem, yeah so anyway, the book's called: Collected Fictions, by Jorge Luis Borges, and until the other day, I'd never heard of Jorge Luis Borges, so I'm excited to learn something new.

I also received another free book from Brenda Coulter, who is also one of my favorite bloggers over at No Rules Just Right. She sent me a copy [autographed, I might add] of her latest book: A Family Forever. I'll blog more about that once I finish it. I'm right smack in the middle of it right now [got it yesterday] so far, I'm liking it. Not only is her main character named Shelby [albeit spelled incorrectly ;-)] but the main guy character [named Stephen "Tucker" Sharpe... Steven is my husband's name, how cool is that?] calls her 'Shel,' which is what my mom has called me since forever.

I dunno, that's pretty cool about our names, don't you think? Of course, all the other stuff is way different, but I'll talk about that later.

Shift gears again, dear friends!

Okay, this one is kinda weird, but it's driving me nuts, so I gotta share. Do any of you remember Robbie Benson? About a hundred years ago, he played a retarded kid, and when he got excited, he'd yell out, "Hot Damn!" Anybody remember that movie? I saw it on TV, and I was a little kid, so it was probably 20 years ago or so. I was driving home the other day, imagining something or other, and I suddenly remembered that character, and that I had an awful crush on Robbie Benson after I saw it.

Yeah, so if you can help with that, it would be wonderful, and I would be eternally grateful!

Okay, hubby is home and bugging me, so I gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home