Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Monday, February 27, 2006

Ouch

I woke up at 7:30 this morning with one of the worst headaches of my life. I took ibuprofen and tylenol, but neither touched the pain. At 3 this afternoon, I couldn't take it anymore, so Steve called in sick to work [no way could I take care of the kids. All light and noise made it hurt worse] and we all trooped to the doctor's office.

They gave me two shots, one for pain, one for nausea [threw up three times from the pain]. Then she sent me home with Zomig, which is a migraine medicine.

Looks like I've joined the wonderful world of people who suffer from migraine, and I am not happy about it. When I woke up from the effects of the shots, I still hurt, so I took a Zomig. I had some tightness in my chest afterward [looked at the insert and found out that's one of the side effects. Yay.]

Two hours later, I was still having some pain, so I took another one, which was what I was supposed to do according to the directions [after the second one was when I read the insert] The tightness wasn't as bad. I finally ate some soup at nine this evening, and am feeling better pain-wise, but I'm a little dizzy, and drowsy, so I'm going to bed.

I don't know how people with regular migraines survive them. This is a new thing for me. Today was the worst one I've ever had [I think I've had three total, and the others were taken care of with ibuprofen and sleep]. The second one was just last week. I really really hope I'm done with them.

Pain sucks, and I have it all the time anyway with fibromyalgia, but the whole brain on fire/pounding jackhammer to the skull/puke my socks up thing is a whole new category of discomfort. I don't wanna do that again.

Okay, I'm going back to bed now. Take care, friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelbi said...

Thanks for the thoughts, Hedgehog. I'm bloody sick of this crap, I'll tell you that right now. I'm so ready to be better. I can't handle it when my brain hurts.

My fibro isn't fun, but it isn't nearly as bad as some people's. And it's nothing compared to MS. I don't mean to keep whining all the time, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the health related garbage that seems to be happening to me lately.

I probably need to work on some more coping mechanisms.

Anyway, I haven't forgotten I owe you an e-mail, I've just been waiting for a good block of time to sit down with it. I may have to shoot something from the hip and let it go, though, my schedule seems to be getting crazier instead of more laid back.

Oh well, this too shall pass.
Thanks again, Hedgehog.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home