Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So I Took a New Sleep Aid

Generic Unisom. We'll see if I can wake up in the morning. Benadryl wipes me out and it takes forever for me to wake up after I've taken it.

I've been having severe [for me, at least] insomnia pretty much constantly since November. Makes me remember why I chose to shut my brain down for so long. I've always had a hard time falling asleep. Sometimes it can take four hours or more, but mostly it's just one or two hours. My dearly beloved has no clue what this is like. For him, insomnia is ten to fifteen minutes. Unbelievable.

So I was looking up some stuff on the net after I took my new med, and now I'm sleepy. Really sleepy. Which is good, and yet I'm a little brain dead.

I think I'm gonna have to have a discussion with the hubby, too. I've been having some tension lately that I think we need to take care of. You ever have those days where nothing you significant other does is right? I'm still feeling bitchy, I guess.

One other topic, and I gotta go. I'm still working on how to proceed with the novel, but I do appreciate your comments [with the possible exception of Doug, since he picked the one I'd planned to do all along in addition to one of the others. I told Steve about it, and he thought it was really funny. Maybe that's why he's on my shit list... hmm. Nah, just kidding.;-)]

I think I'm gonna stick it all in a Word file and read it through once to see if I missed more scenes. I feel like I'm forgetting something, so maybe if I read it, it will refresh my memory as to what the hell I was going to do. Then I'll take some notes about upcoming scenes and take off again.

Never fear, I will finish it. I'm just going to have to regroup a little. I'm feeling pretty optimistic now. Maybe it's the drugs [har har] maybe it's just relief of having a direction again. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow.

I was thinking about my first impression of Steve last night [we met for the first time almost twelve years ago. Jeez, it seems like forever and just yesterday all at the same time.] I may do some "memoirist bullshit" [more words shamelessly stolen from Doug] tomorrow.

'Kay, G'night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shelbi, forgive me if this is an intrusion but surfing through blogs I came across yours and thought you might be interested in the Free Books for Bloggers thing I'm part of with a publishing company here in the MidWest.

No catches, nothing funny, no requirements to review, to link, or to blog about the book. "Living the Artist's Life" is by Paul Dorrell, a gallery owner and writer of unpublished novels. It is a guidebook to 'growing, persevering, and succeeding in the art world' in its 2nd printing. Real book - see Amazon.

Have a look at the author's blog, or the book's website for details. All you need is to be a blogger for 3 months and a U.S. mailing address, then ask and a book arrives in the mail.

Didn't mean to spam your blog comments - but couldn't fine an email address. Best,

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home