Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Friday, December 16, 2005

Grrr Argh

Hubby changed the thermostat in our van today in the hopes that it would heat better. Now it only blows cold air. He went to Wal-Mart and I asked for chocolate, he said no, so I asked for Starburst. He said okay. He just got back... no Starburst!

Most days, he's so close to perfect he makes me sick. Then there are days like today, when I am reminded that yes, he is human... but he's still in trouble. Something not quite right there!

Nah, just kidding, but the no Starburst thing did annoy me.

I cut his hair today, then I cut my son's hair. I use the clippers because it's easier, but the little one doesn't like the buzzing, so I had to use SCISSORS. Which has always been a bit traumatic for me. I've tried numerous times [generally without success] to cut my own hair with scissors. The first time I tried it, I went out in a baseball cap to buy my first pair of clippers.

Then my hair was all one length, but it was one inch long! So, when my dad and uncle asked for haircuts, I had the clippers to do it [hubby still had long hair back then.] No problem. Then when hubby decided to 'get a haircut and get a real job,' it was still no problem, since the new job required almost military-style haircut [although we don't go quite that short, his co-workers tease him about his GQ hair style.]

And now the boy. After his last haircut, he announced that he was never getting another haircut again because he doesn't like the tickles. So I let him go for a really long time without one. But then, the comments from the peanut gallery [aka family that I love... Hi guys! heh heh]. Plus comments from his older sister ["Mom," she says while looking up at me through her eyelashes, twisting her mouth to the side like Popeye, and nodding her head, "We REALLY need to cut his hair," then she starts shaking her head, "It's looking PRETTY BAD!" More head bobbing and a few giggles. Thanks, kid.]

So I did it! I got the freaking scissors out and trimmed his hair. I couldn't bring myself to cut the curls off the sides and back, though, so mostly I just shortened the top a little. I also have a hard time getting things even [hence the stupid clippers!] so by leaving parts of it long, maybe it covers up any mistakes.

Maybe I should go to haircuttin' school.

Nah. Too much time standing... sheesh, I'd be dead before the first day ended.

This is becoming a bedtime ritual, I think. It's like I can't go to bed without blogging, and since I already blogged earlier today, this is my second blog, but since it's after midnight, it's my first, but, oh hell, I'm tired, can you tell?

'Kay, bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home