Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Friday, December 02, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday was a crazy day. My son turned five, and we did the family party thing. The two year old was in bed by 7:30; she has a cold and was pretty grumpy for the birthday. George was off work, so the seven year old and I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Technically, she's too young for the movie, but she loves HP as much as I do and [we both] really wanted to see it. We tried to go with my mom on opening night, but it sold out and we couldn't stay for the second showing, which started at 10:30 that night. At two hours and 56 minutes, we weren't about to stay up until after one in the morning for any movie.

But, my daughter loved it, and in spite of being scared for part of it and complaining that it was too loud in the theater, we both had a great time. It was nice to get to spend some time alone with her, which is all too rare since she was three and my son was born.

Tonight, another couple, Hubby and I are going to a concert to see Steven Curtis Chapman and MercyMe in there Christmas tour. We are VERY excited about it. But anyway, there probably won't be time to blog tonight, and I have to get the kids packed to go to hubby's mom and sister's house for the weekend [yay, a house to ourselves for three days!!! Thanks MOM & SHARI!!!]

It's cold here, and freezing in my bedroom where the computer is [it's right next to a big sliding door... we REALLY need to winterize!] Anyway, I can't wait to talk about the new book I'm reading [that is, if I can find time to actually read the thing!]

'Kay, Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home