Shelblog

I've moved to WordPress. Come see me at http://shelbisblog.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Yo-Yo Day

Well, today was an interesting day. I started out happy. I e-mailed friends, cleaned out my e-mail address book. I read blogs, news articles, more blogs, and mostly sat in front of the computer all day.

Bad idea.

By the time George got home from work [he's back on days again], I was depressed, pissed off at everything that moved, and generally not much fun to be around. I think the pixels fried my brain. I stayed grumpy until after the kids were in bed. Then we watched an Adam Sandler movie. I can't help it, I like Adam Sandler movies. Even the ones I look at and think, "No way, that's the dumbest premise for a movie I've ever seen," I end up liking. It may very well speak badly of my taste in movies, but there you go.

I also love the fact that he puts his friends in every single movie he does. Loyalty is important to me, and he seems to have it, so I like him.

After the movie, I was happy again.

Which makes me wonder: Can you be bi-polar if you have mood swings like this all in one day? Probably not. [Actually, I looked it up... Isn't the 'net a great thing, and the answer is no, the swings have to last one to two weeks.] But anyway, it was a hellish day.

Today is the first day since I started blogging that I didn't really want to do it. But here I am, slogging through. I need this, and I won't give up. I'm still working through stuff, trying to figure out where I belong and what I should be doing [as far as writing goes]. This is a strange path of self-discovery for me, which is not exactly what I had in mind to put out in cyberspace for every one to see. But who knows, maybe some one will stumble upon this sight and read something familiar and not feel so alone.

Then again, maybe not. You just never can tell about these things, can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home